Tuesday 21 October 2014

My new book is out next week!



Good afternoon! I am delighted to announce that I have a new book out next week with Amberley. As part of their gorgeous "An Illustrated Introduction to..." series, a set of books giving an introduction for adults to a particular historical topic, they asked me to write the installment on the Tudors. (As readers of this blog will know, I've written about them a lot!) They've picked some absolutely beautiful illustrations for the book, including my favourite portrait of Elizabeth I, as she approached old age. It's so moving!

An Illustrated Introduction to the Tudors covers the private lives and political roles of all the Tudor monarchs, as well as providing snapshots into issues like - sex in Tudor England, burning at the stake, the myth of Anne Boleyn's six fingers and whether or not Henry VIII had syphilis.

It's available through Amberley and online book stores, like Amazon and the Book Depository.

3 comments:

  1. Do you know when I'll receive my review copy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Amberley posted it last week; so, any day now! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband called me at work and opened the package from Sweden! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails